This is no regular Tiramisu, in this recipe we authentic Sabayon Sauce as the base for the cream, so the cream is super amazing. Once you make it with this cream you will never want to make Tiramisu any other way.
The recipe for this Tiramisu is for a 10 inch round cake
Tiramisu, my way
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 16 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp Bailey's Irish Cream Liqueur
- 2 cups water
- 2 Tbsp Bailey's Irish Cream Liquor
- 2 Tbsp instant coffee
- Set a saucepan with 2 inches of water over high heat. Bring to boil.
- Meanwhile in a metal bowl that can be set over the saucepan whisk 5 egg yolks and 1 cups granulated sugar until pale and continue cooking until the sugar has dissolved and the cream has thickened.
- Now whip with a mixer until very pale, increased in volume, and cool to the touch.
Continue with recipe:
- Whip the cold whip cream until stiff peaks.
- Whip cream cheese until smooth. Combine with the Sabayon and whip until smooth and combined. Add 1 tablespoon of Bailey's Irish cream and whisk to combine.
- Fold the whipped cream into the mixture.
Make coffee syrup:
- Combine 2 tablespoons of instant coffee with ⅕ cup of hot water. Stir until dissolved. Add 1⅕ cups more iced water and 2 tablespoons of liqueur and stir.
- Set a springform ring or a cake ring on a cake serving platter.
- Dip each ladyfinger into the coffee syrup quickly and line the inside of the form as well as the bottom of the springform with ladyfingers. Break the ladyfingers into smaller pieces if you need to fill in small holes.
- Pour ½ of the Tiramisu cream over the ladyfingers.
- Top with another layer of ladyfingers dipped in coffee syrup.
- Pour the other ½ of the Tiramisu cream.
- Using a fine sieve dust the top with cocoa powder and/or grated chocolate.
- Refrigerate for 24-48 hours before cutting.
Hashtag your photos #LetTheBakingBeginBlog so I can see your creations and for a chance to be featured!