This is no regular Tiramisu, in this recipe we authentic Sabayon Sauce as the base for the cream, so the cream is super amazing. Once you make it with this cream you will never want to make Tiramisu any other way.
The recipe for this Tiramisu is for a 10 inch round cake
Tiramisu, my way
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 16 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp Bailey's Irish Cream Liqueur
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups water
- 2 Tbsp Bailey's Irish Cream Liquor
- 2 Tbsp instant coffee
- Chocolate bar, for chocolate shavings/curls
- Cocoa powder for dusting the top
Make Sabayon creme:
- Set a saucepan with 2 inches of water over high heat. Bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile in a metal mixer bowl that is wider than the saucepan whisk/whip 5 egg yolks and 1 cups granulated sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Reduce heat to low and set the bowl with the egg mixture over the pot of simmering water ensuring that the bowl does not touch the water. Cook the egg/sugar mixture while continuously whisking until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture has thickened.
- Transfer the bowl to the mixer and whip until very pale, increased in volume, and the outside of the bowl is cool to the touch.
Continue with recipe:
- In a separate bowl whip 2 cups of cold whip cream until stiff peaks, set aside.
- Also, whip 16 oz of room temperature cream cheese until smooth
- Combine the Sabayon creme and the whipped cream cheese and whisk until smooth and combined.
- Add 1 tablespoon of Bailey's Irish Cream and 1 Tbsp of vanilla extract and whisk to combine once more.
- Carefully fold the whipped cream into the mixture in halves.
Make coffee syrup:
- Combine 2 tablespoons of instant coffee with ½ cup of hot water. Stir until dissolved. Add 1½ cups iced water and 2 tablespoons of liqueur. Stir.
- Set a 10 inch round ring form the springform pan or a cake ring on a cake serving platter.
- Dip each ladyfinger into the coffee syrup quickly and line the inside and bottom of the spring form with ladyfingers. Break the ladyfingers into smaller pieces if you need to fill in small gaps on the bottom.
- Pour ½ of the Tiramisu cream over the ladyfingers and shake the serving platter slightly to allow the cream to fill any gaps.
- Top with another layer of ladyfingers dipped in coffee syrup.
- Pour the other ½ of the Tiramisu cream on top.
- Using a fine sieve dust the top with cocoa powder and/or grated chocolate.
- Refrigerate for 24-48 hours before cutting.
- Remove the spring form ring and cut the cake into portions.
Hashtag your photos #LetTheBakingBeginBlog so I can see your creations and for a chance to be featured!