No Bake, Strawberry Cheesecake

IMG_1058

I know it’s nowhere close to being strawberry season, especially here in Oregon, but to those that have some sweet and juicy berries in their freezer, this is a way to utilize them. I made this cheesecake, a looooong time ago, just now found some pictures and thought that it’s a good idea to post them, before they…well actually they can’t go bad, but you get the idea)) The recipe calls for a pretty high ration of strawberry to cream cheese, so you get a very pronounced strawberry flavor in these. I think everyone should have a good No Bake cheesecake recipe under their sleeve, so if you don’t, here’s one to tuck in there.   IMG_1073

This recipe makes a very light and fluffy cheesecake, that you can serve in little glasses like I did, or in a spring form, whichever you have.

No Bake, Strawberry Cheesecake

Ingredients

• 250g Cream Cheese
  • 100g Sugar
  • 1tbsp gelatin
  • 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
  • 200gm Strawberry, puree
  • 200gm heavy cream, lightly whipped

Instructions

1. Dissolve gelatin in warm lemon juice, over hot water bath.
  2. With a mixer fitted with the whip attachment, whip together cream cheese and sugar until smooth
  3. Add dissolved gelatin, beat together until well combined. Add the strawberry puree and mix until thoroughly combined.
  4. Fold in the whipped cream and distribute between your serving glasses right away or pour into your mold. Refrigerate until set.
  5. Serve with a 100mls lightly whipped heavy cream on top.

Bon Appetit & Happy Pinning

Thank you for following me on Instagram, Facebook & Pinterest!

Hashtag your photos #LetTheBakingBeginBlog so I can see your creations and for a chance to be featured!

IMG_1062
Enjoy! Pinit

Join 3,000 other food lovers enjoying weekly recipes.

Comments

Rate this recipe:

• […] of different cakes if you know just one cake recipe, by pairing it with different fillings like, cheesecake, mousse, chantilly cream, buttercream, chocolate buttercream, Bavarian cream, and others. Original […]

• Oksana

Hello Marina, I have a few questions for you. Do I have to dissolve the gelatine with lemon juice over a water bath or can I dissolve it in the microwave? Also, do you only add 100 ml of whipped cream to the mixture or 200 ml and top with additional 100 ml of topping? Lastly, how many servings does this make?

• Hi Oksana,
      You can dissolve it in the microwave, but because it’s such small amount of liquid, it will heat up very quickly and you’re in danger of killing your gelatin, because once it boils, it’s no good. So first, combine the lemon juice and gelatin, let it bloom for 2-3 minutes, then in very small intervals you can heat it in the microwave, stopping and mixing it with a spoon in between.

You add 200 mls whip cream to make the cheesecake. the 100 is separate, and you use that to to top the set cheesecake.

As far as servings, it really depends on how big your serving dishes/glasses are. Only the whip cream doubles, everything else retains it’s volume, so you can see that if you add the amount of ingredients together, you will get around 1 qt of cheesecake (just divide it by the volume of each of your serving dishes and you will see how many you get)

• Oksana

Is this recipe big enough to fit a 9×13 glass pan or something smaller? I just want to get an idea how much the recipe yields.

• Take 1qt water and pour it into the pyrex dish, this will allow you to see how much it is. This cheesecake is very soft, so in my opinion this is better served in individual cups. it is more of a mousse consistency than new York cheesecake, lets say.

• […] strawberry cheesecake glasses, […]

• These sounds delicious! It on my list to make now 🙂

• totati

Can you please give directions for the strawberry puree?

• Yeap.
        Add strawberries to a blender and process until pureed. Run through a sieve to remove seeds if you do not want to have them in the cheesecake.

• eve

These look so delicious! I plan to make them this weekend, but im having the hardest time with conversions. Is 200 gm of strawberry puree and heavy whipping cream equal to 1 cup of each? thanks!

• Hi Eve, 200 gm is a little less than a cup, so a cup minus 1 tablespoon would be the closest without using the scale.

• Anna

What can I use instead of strawberry puree? Im going to make this for my friends boy baby shower, I don’t want to use pink for a boy :}

As seen in