As they say, all genius things are simple. This salad is one of those simple but genius things. It’s only a handful of vegetables, but the combination is what makes this salad awesome! I like broccoli in any way, but still this has to be my most favorite broccoli dish. To me, the secret ingredient that brings it all together is the addition of raisins or dried cranberries. Our family used to make it for every family as part of the menu, then we sort of forgot about it and this last New Years it emerged again and I realized that I just have to share it with those that have never tried it before. So here it is…
- 2 cups of broccoli florets
- 1 cup of radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ medium onion,
- ½ cup rasins/dry cranberries, soaked in warm water
- 3 tblsp mayonnaise
- ½ clove garlic, pressed
- Cover the raisins with warm water. Set aside.
- Prepare your vegetables - cut the florets off your broccoli stems. Remove the radishes from the stems, wash them and thinly slice. Peel ½ medium onion, cut it lengthwise and then thinly slice; place them in a colander and wash with cold running water. Peel the garlic, cut in half and press through the garlic press.
- Drain the raisins and dry with a paper towel.
- Combine all the ingredients together with mayonnaise, salt and pepper to taste and mix to coat the ingredients with the dressing.
Bon Appetite & Happy Pinning!
Thank you for following me on Instagram, Facebook & Pinterest!
When you make this recipes make sure to hashtag your photo with #LetTheBakingBeginBlog as you upload them to social media, so that I can see your creations and for a chance to be featured!