With all of the beautiful colors in spring, life just screams for something colorful and exciting. I can never get enough of the gorgeous blooming trees this time of the year. You come outside and you just want to live and enjoy life!
Speaking of colorful, I made this beautiful Cobb Salad couple days ago and I think the color palette of this salad echoes my mood today, happy and colorful! All these flavors are just so awesome!
Here’s a little history lesson- Cobb salad has been around since 1930’s some say, and it’s a main dish American salad that always consists of Egg, Avocado, Tomato, Chicken, Onion, Bacon and Blue cheese. There’s many spins on this salad, where some add beans, or corn to it, others add olives, but most of the time it will be the 7 mentioned above.
- 3 cups chopped spinach/romaine lettuce/ iceberg lettuce
- 1 chicken breast, split horizontally
- 1 large tomato or 2 medium sized, diced
- 12 quail eggs or 2 large chicken eggs, boiled
- ½ avocado
- 3 strips bacon, rendered & crispy
- 3 tablespoons cheese (blue, cheddar or others), shredded
- ½ onion (sweet or red), diced
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 1.5 tbsp mayonnaise
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp onion powder
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Pinch, cayenne pepper
- Brown the chicken on both sides in a skillet with 1-2 tablespoons oil. Finish by adding 1-2 tablespoons water, covering with a lid and allowing it to cook through, for another 4-5 minutes.
- Place bacon on a baking sheet and cook in the oven at 350, for 15 minutes. Once cool enough to handle, cut in small pieces. Alternatively, crisp up the bacon on a skillet, over medium heat.
- Boil the eggs. Peel & roughly chop them.
- Chop the spinach leaves/lettuce. Dice the onion and tomatoes. Peel & cut the avocado.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, transfer to cutting board, and cut against the grain, into strips.
- Mix all ingredients in a jar and shake it until it’s well combined, or combine in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Place the salad in in a bowl.
- Place the rest of the ingredients in strips, for a beautiful presentation.
- Serve the dressing on the side.
Bon Appetite & Happy Pinning!
Thank you for following me on Instagram, Facebook & Pinterest!
When you make this recipes make sure to hashtag your photo with #LetTheBakingBeginBlog as you upload them to social media, so that I can see your creations and for a chance to be featured!