We all have our idea of perfect comfort food and to me potatoes are the ultimate comfort food. Originally being from Ukraine, we could eat potatoes for breakfast, lunch and dinner forever, and never complain. These are a little different than what I grew up with, but I say, Parmesan, thyme and other herbs bring it up a notch if anything. What I love most of all in these potatoes, are the textural contrast of crispy (outside) and creamy inside. Delicious!
- 3 lbs potatoes, small Golden Yukon & Red Potatoes, split in half
- 1½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp thyme
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh minced parsley
- ¼ – ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- Turn oven to 400F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- Thoroughly wash the potatoes under running water. Cut each potato in half.
- Soak the potatoes in bowl of iced water for 30 minutes.
- Dry potatoes with paper towels.
- Place potatoes in a gallon ziplock bag (or in a bowl, then cover with plastic wrap) together with, salt, black pepper, thyme, minced garlic & olive oil. Shake vigorously until potatoes are evenly coated.
- Transfer the potatoes out of the bag to the baking sheet, cut side up.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Turn each potato cut side down and bake for another 15-25 minutes, until the potatoes are golden and tender inside.
- Once the potatoes are roasted, transfer them to a bowl, add parsley and toss together.
- Now transfer the potatoes to the serving platter and sprinkle with shredded Parmesan.
Bon Appetite & Happy Pinning!
Thank you for following me on Instagram, Facebook & Pinterest!
When you make this recipes make sure to hashtag your photo with #LetTheBakingBeginBlog as you upload them to social media, so that I can see your creations and for a chance to be featured!