I think it is pretty normal to want all the best stuff for free, enjoyment without responsibility and deliciousness without calories. Let’s not talk about how that is impossible. I mean, who wouldn’t want a mean burger with an extra large side of fries, without thousands of calories from pure grease? I would! I haven’t figured out the burger part, but now you can enjoy fries without the guilt that usually comes with consuming them. These fries are oven roasted with only 2 tbsp of olive oil (I hear it’s good for ya), so go ahead indulge!
- 1 lb Yukon Gold potatoes (about 3 medium potatoes)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Scrub the potatoes with a brush, under running water until thoroughly clean. Dry with a paper towel.
- Cut them in wedges, or into ½ inch sticks.
- Place cut potatoes in a ziplock bag, add garlic powder, ground black pepper, salt & oil. Shake the bag vigorously until the potato is evenly coated with seasonings.
- Transfer potatoes to the baking sheet and spread into single layer.
- Roast in the oven for 40 minutes, until golden in color and crispy, tossing them around every 10 minutes.
- Serve with ketchup, or combination of ketchup & mayo.
Bon Appetite & Happy Pinning!
Thank you for following me on Instagram, Facebook & Pinterest!
When you make this recipes make sure to hashtag your photo with #LetTheBakingBeginBlog as you upload them to social media, so that I can see your creations and for a chance to be featured!