Ferrero Rocher Cake
Still haven’t decided what to make for Thanksgiving? How about you give this amazing cake a try! We all know how wonderful Ferrero Rocher candies are, so you don’t need me telling you that this cake is good!
Ferrero Rocher Cake
- 7 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ cups sugar, granulated
- 2 cups finely ground hazelnuts or hazelnut flour
- 3 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 300 grams unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2¼ cups chopped chocolate or chocolate chips
- ½ cup Nutella
- 1.5 cup wafers, crushed
- 10 Ferrero Rocher Candies
- ¾ cups hazelnuts, chopped / or ¾ cups wafers, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 – 8 inch round pans with foil and spray with non stick spray, or butter the sides.
- Sift flour, cocoa & baking powder. Stir in ground nuts.
- Whip eggs on high speed, until frothy. Slowly add the sugar and continue whipping until tripled in volume, about 5 minutes.
- Fold dry ingredients into the eggs , in 3 additions.
- Divide the batter evenly between 2 – 8 inch pans and bake at 350F, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Once baked, leave in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
Make the Frosting
- Melt chocolate in microwave, on low heat, in short intervals, stirring each between each time. Bring to room temperature.
- Whip chocolate, butter & Nutella until thoroughly combined.
- Once the cake is cool, split each cake in 2 even layers.
- Crush wafers by putting in a ziplock bag, then going over them with a rolling pin or something heavy.
- Reserve ¾ cup frosting for decorating.
- Place a dab of frosting onto a serving platter.
- Put 1 cake layer on top and press to adhere.
- Put ¼ of the remaining frosting onto the cake and spread around evenly. Sprinkle with ⅓ of the crushed wafers.
- Repeat above 2 steps with the remaining cake layers.
- Pipe 8 stars on top of the cake.
- Cover the cake sides with reserved frosting.
- Press the crushed wafers or chopped hazelnuts onto the sides of the cake.
- Place 1 Ferrero Rocher candy on top of each piped star.
NotesKeep refrigerated if not serving right away. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Hashtag your photos #LetTheBakingBeginBlog so I can see your creations and for a chance to be featured!
Click on the images below to see or purchase these items on Amazon: