I was at a party couple of weeks ago and someone brought this amazing jell-o there. I quickly found out who made it and asked for the recipe, because I just needed to know how to make something this good. Party desserts can be feel very heavy, especially after a feast of a meal that everyone tend to make for Christmas, New Year and such, but this jello is something that no one will refuse. Thank you Olena for sharing the recipe!
This recipe can also be made in a cake ring, which will be removed right before serving.
You can also add fresh berries like blueberry or raspberry for additional flavor boost.
- 4 packs unflavored gelatin or 8 tsp unflavored gelatin
- ½ cup water
- 1½ whole milk
- 1½ cups sugar
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 8-16 oz Cool Whip topping
- 8 oz. Greek unflavored or Vanilla yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
For the Strawberry Layer
- 2-3 Tbsp powdered Strawberry Jell-O (or any other flavor)
- 15x10 2 inch deep glass dish
- Whip sour cream, sugar, greek yogurt and cool whip together until well combined.
- Add gelatin to water and allow to bloom for 2-3 minutes. Heat over low heat to dissolve gelatin. Do not boil.
- Slowly add milk to the gelatin mixture while continuously whisking.
- In 3-4 additions, quickly fold in the Cool Whip mixture into the gelatin mixture.
- Pour half of the mixture into a glass Pyrex dish (15x10 inches) and even it out with a spoon as much as you can.
- Add powdered Strawberry Jell-O to the rest of the mixture and quickly whisk together to combine.
- Pour over the white jello in the Pyrex dish and even it out.
- Allow to set in the fridge for 2+ hours.
Hashtag your photos #LetTheBakingBeginBlog so I can see your creations and for a chance to be featured!