Do you know how to cook perfect rice, or does yours come out mushy, instead of fluffy and soft? Well I am here to share a couple of tips that will make you the maestro of rice cooking!
There is a few do’s and don’ts when it comes to rice…
So here are some do’s –
Thoroughly rinse the rice under cold running water, until the water runs clear
Cook the rice in 1: 1 3/4 ratio of rice to water
Add the salt before the beginning of cooking (to the water)
Cook it over low heat
Cook with the lid on
Leave the pot covered with lid for 10 minutes after the rice is done cooking
Fluff it with fork in the end
Never stir the rice before it’s completely cooked (it activates the starch and makes the rice mushy/creamy, that’s why we do stir the risotto for).
If you follow these simple rules, your rice will turn out perfect every time!
- 1 cup short or long grain rice
- ½ tsp salt
- 1¾ cups boiling water / boiling broth
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Rinse rice under cold running water, until the water runs clear.
- Transfer to a 2-3 qt sauce pan, add boiling water & salt (if using garlic powder, add it at this time).
- Cover with lid.
- Turn the heat to high and bring the rice to a boil.
- As soon as it’s boiling, turn the heat down to low and simmer the rice for about 15 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed by the rice. Leave the lid on for 10 minutes.
- Fluff the rice with a fork.
Hashtag your photos #LetTheBakingBeginBlog so I can see your creations and for a chance to be featured!