I was at a party couple of weeks ago and someone brought this amazing jell-o there. I quickly found out who made it and asked for the recipe, because I just needed to know how to make something this good. Party desserts can be feel very heavy, especially after a feast of a meal that everyone tend to make for Christmas, New Year and such, but this jello is something that no one will refuse. Thank you Olena for sharing the recipe! In the recipe it says to add from 8 to 16 ounces of Cool Whip. You can decide for yourself whether to add 8 or 16. Adding 8 ounces will yield a more dense jello, while adding 16 will make it more fluffy. The one pictured has 12 oz, so it’s something in between the two.
This recipe can also be made in a cake ring, which will be removed right before serving.
You can also add fresh berries like blueberry or raspberry for additional flavor boost.
Whip together for 1 minute:
- 16 oz. (2 cups) sour cream
- 8-16 oz Cool Whip topping
- 8 oz. (1 Cup) Greek unflavored or Vanilla yogurt
- 2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups sugar
- 4 packs unflavored gelatin or 8 tsp unflavored gelatin
- ½ cup water
- 1½ cups whole milk, slightly warmed up
For the Strawberry Layer
- 3-6 Tbsp powdered Strawberry Jell-O (or any other flavor)
- 15x10 2 inch deep glass dish
- Make the base: In a very large bowl, whip together 16 oz (2 cups) sour cream, 1½ cups sugar, 1 cup greek yogurt, 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract and 8 to 16 oz cool whip together until well combined, about 1 minute.
- Dissolve gelatin In a separate medium sized microwaveable bowl, add 8 teaspoons of unflavored gelatin and ½ cup water. Allow to bloom for 2-3 minutes. Then, heat in the microwave in 10 second intervals until gelatin is dissolved. Do not boil.
- Combine gelatin & milk: Slowly add 1½ cups of warm milk to the gelatin mixture while continuously whisking.
- Combine Base & Gelatin mixture: While whisking on high speed, add the milk+gelatin mixture to the mixture from step 1.
- Pour half of the mixture into a glass Pyrex dish (15x10 inches) and even it out with a spoon as much as you can.
- Flavor the mixture: Add 3 tablespoons of powdered Strawberry Jell-O to the rest of the mixture and quickly whisk together to combine.
- Pour the mixture with jell-o over the white jello in the Pyrex dish and even it out.
- Allow to set in the fridge for 2+ hours.
- Alternatively, you can add 6 tablespoons of jello to the whole mixture if you want one colored jello.
NotesThis recipe can be prepared in one large glass baking dish, or in individual cups.
If you wish to pipe it nicely into small serving glasses, wait until the jell-o mixture starts to thicken enough to leave a visible indent when you try to go through the mixture with a spoon, then put it into a piping bag and fill the cups.
Hashtag your photos #LetTheBakingBeginBlog so I can see your creations and for a chance to be featured!