Homemade Yogurt in 3 Hours
- 1 qt milk
- 1 tablespoon yogurt (Tillamook/Dannon etc.)
- Large Pot / Crock Pot
- Jars & Lids
- Place jars into 350F oven for 15 minutes. Remove, let cool.
- Heat milk to 185F, then let cool to 120F.
- Thoroughly whisk 1 tablespoon yogurt with ½ cup warm milk. Add the mixture to the rest of the milk and stir for 2 minutes.
- Pour milk into sterilized jars. Close with lid.
- Place jars into the crock pot or large pot. Pour enough warm (not more than 120F) water to be 1 inch below the top of the jar.
- Cover the pot with lid and then a folded towel.
- Leave for 3 hours.
- Remove the jars from water and refrigerate until ready to eat.
- Will keep good for up to 2 weeks.
Copyright © 2016 Let The Baking Begin