Do you know how to cook perfect rice, or does your rice come out mushy, instead of fluffy and soft? Well I am here to share a couple of tips that will make you the maestro of rice cooking!
There is a few do’s and don’ts when it comes to rice…
So here are some do’s –
- Thoroughly rinse the rice under cold running water, until the water runs clear
- Cook the rice in 1: 1 3/4 ratio of rice to water
- Add the salt before the beginning of cooking (to the water)
- Cook it over low heat
- Cook with the lid on
- Cook the rice in broth for the best flavor profile
- Leave the pot covered with lid for 10 minutes after the rice is done cooking
- Fluff it with fork in the end
- stir the rice before it’s completely cooked (it activates the starch and makes the rice mushy/creamy, that’s why we do stir the risotto).
So, how many people will 1 cup rice feed?
Well, some would say that 1/2 a cup is a serving for 1 person, but others will argue that 1/3 cup is. Mind you that this is 1/2 a cup of dry rice, which would mean that it’s 1 full cup when cooked, as the rice doubles when it cooks.
If you follow these simple rules, you will get perfect rice rice every time!
Do you know how to cook perfect rice, or does your rice turn out mushy, instead of fluffy and soft? Well I am here to share a couple of tips that will make you the maestro of rice cooking.
How to cook Perfect rice
Rinse rice under cold running water, until the water runs clear.
Transfer to a 2-3 qt sauce pan, add boiling water & salt (if using garlic powder, add it at this time).
Cover with lid.
Turn the heat to high and bring the rice to a boil.
As soon as it’s boiling, turn the heat down to low and simmer the rice for about 15 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed by the rice. Leave the lid on for 10 minutes.
Fluff the rice with a fork.
Hashtag your photos #LetTheBakingBeginBlog so I can see your creations and for a chance to be featured!